A programme of high profile guest speakers each year is designed to inspire and motivate you. Past speakers have included the founder and CEO of Webmar and the past Chair and President of the Academy of Marketing.
- Real-life projects
- Expert careers service
- 24/7 Library
- University accommodation
- TEF Silver Award
BA (Hons) Economics for Business
"Through my work placement at Leeds Beckett I’ve gained invaluable work experience from the largest medical firm in the world. As a result, there will be lots of opportunities open to me when I graduate."
Modules & learning
- Investigative Consultancy Report
- Career Development & Employability Skills
- Analysing the Business Environment: Identifying Business Opportunities
- Integrated Business & Management for Entrepreneurs (40 credits)
- Entrepreneurship & Creative Thinking
- New Venture Creation: Managing a Business Start-Up
- Performance Improvement Project
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Business Performance Management
- Entrepreneurial Marketing
- Financial Management
- Business Strategy
- Leading Innovation & Change
- Business Risk Analysis
- Managing Business Development & Growth
- Organisational Impact Project (40 credits)
George has extensive practical and academic experience in the field of strategic management, R&D (research and development) and the adoption of new technologies and innovation. He has done extensive research and enterprise work in the area of buyer behaviour, with particular interest in online purchasing and the use of technology to enable the sustainable growth of businesses. He has also supervised and examined many PhDs both in the UK and Europe and is an external examiner for two UK universities.
We are proud of the strong reputation we have forged amongst businesses and employers for our innovative and work-ready graduates. Our approach to learning enables you to benefit from our academic expertise, and our valuable industry and professional contacts ensure that your learning meets industry standards.
Fees & funding
Our Library is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year, providing you with access to specialist books and journals, learning spaces, computers, multimedia facilities and media equipment hire. Tens of thousands of our Library's digital resources, including ebooks, ejournals and databases, can be accessed online at a time and place to suit you.